The demand for affordable, fresh, local and healthy foods is growing. With more than 162 successful farmers’ markets across the Commonwealth, spanning over 113 counties and 2,700 vendors, farmers’ markets and direct-to-consumer marketing are great ways to meet that demand.
It’s simple for the consumer to find the products their looking for and buying local puts a face on your food with a connection between the consumer and farmer. Every action we take in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture is aimed at helping farmers, farmers’ markets and agribusinesses in Kentucky.
You are important to us, and that’s why we work so diligently to serve you.
Kentucky Proud keeps Kentucky growing!
- Farmers' Market Directory
- 2016-2017 KDA Farmers' Market Manual and Resource Guide
- Best Practices for Sampling at Farmers' Markets: A Practical Guide for Farmers' Market Vendors
- Kentucky Proud
- Kentucky Proud Produce Availability Guide
- KDA Farmers' Market Sampling
- KDA Farmers' Market Sampling Application
- KDA Farmers' Market Registration
- Gross Sales Tracking
- Homebased Processing and Microprocessing - UK
- Department for Public Health, Food Safety Branch
- Kentucky WIC Farmers' Market Nutrition Program Recipe Book
- Plate it Up Kentucky Proud - UK
- Free SNAP EBT Equipment Program
- Sign up to accept SNAP at your Farmers' Market with USDA FNS office
- Commercial Kitchens in Kentucky