Educational Resources & Internships
KDA Summer Internship Program 2018
We are pleased to announce the Kentucky Department of Agriculture internship program for Summer 2018.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture summer internship program strives to provide opportunities for students to gain first-hand experience, knowledge, and understanding of the governmental process through pre-professional work in various occupational fields. KDA offers students studying majors both directly and indirectly relating to agriculture. Desired career paths include many different areas but are not limited to, Agriculture, Education, Computer Science, Marketing, Public Relations, and Pre-Law. Our internships offer an opportunity for individuals who seek a challenging and rewarding experience. This internship opportunity gives students insight into considering a future career within the Ag industry and with KDA.
Some travel may be expected during the internship and the hours worked will be dependent on the immediate supervisor and internship coordinators.
Applicant deadline: December 8th, 4:30 EST
Interviews: January 8th - 19th
Accepted candidates will be notified by February 1st
Term of internship: June – August
*Due to the volume of applications, only applicants who are selected after interviews will be notified.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university, or vocational-technical program. This includes students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation to their internship
- Must be familiar with using Microsoft and Windows operating systems *Please Note: preference will be given to students who are residents of Kentucky
Depending on the needs of the Department, multiple internships may be available in the below areas within KDA. Use the chart below to identify the appropriate acronym for each area of interest for you.
- Kentucky Proud - KYP
- Public Relations - PR
- Agricultural Education - AE
- Farm Safety - FS
- Office of the State Veterinarian - OSV
- IT-Software and website development - IT
- Industrial Hemp - IH
- Legal - LGL
- Shows and Fairs - SAF
- Regulation and Inspection - RI
- Food Distribution - FD
How to apply for a KDA summer internship:
In order to be considered for an internship position, you must:
1) Fill out the application on the KDA internship website.
2) Provide a resume, cover letter and 3 references.
3) Email or mail your applications to the below contact. Information must be postmarked by above deadline.
Kentucky Department of Agriculture
c/o Mark White
107 Corporate Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
INFORMATION DUE: December 8, 2017
For questions regarding the internship program, please contact Elizabeth Gordon, Ag Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-782-4125
KDA provides support for educational programs and teaching resources to schools. We equip educators with the resources necessary to enhance classroom instruction, involve community leaders and support groups, and facilitate student interaction in the fields of agriculture and the environment.
- Agriculture Education